- 3/4 cup brown rice (uncooked; may be swapped for quinoa or long grain white rice)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 lime (zested)
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey (beef or chicken may be swapped)
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz can corn kernels (341 mL; drained)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (shredded)
Cook brown rice according to package directions, adding the lime zest and salt to the cooking water. Allow to cool slightly before portioning out.
Add turkey to a medium pan and cook over medium heat, breaking it up with a spatula until no longer pink (approximately 10 minutes).
Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the cooked meat, then add the water. Stir and simmer for a couple of minutes, until sauce has thickened.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before portioning out.
Combine all salsa ingredients and toss together.
To assemble lunch bowls, divide ingredients evenly between four 2-cup capacity meal prep containers.