- For the salad:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, end trimmed and any yellow outer leaves removed
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (also known as purple cabbage)
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots (from the bag) or carrots cut into small matchsticks*
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 3/4 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos if GF)
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- Optional if you want a creamy dressing: add 1 tablespoon tahini or cashew butter
- Extra cashews and almonds
- Green onion
Shave the brussels sprouts by using a food processor with the slicing attachment and pulse until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. If you don’t have a food processor, feel free to use a sharp knife to thinly slice.
Add shaved brussels sprouts to a bowl, along with shredded red cabbage, shredded carrots, red bell pepper, cilantro and green onion. Top with cashews and toasted almonds.
Make the dressing by whisking together the following in a medium bowl or shaking in a mason jar: sesame oil, olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and fresh ginger. If you want a creamier dressing, add in a tablespoon of tahini or cashew butter.
Drizzle over the salad and use tongs to toss the salad together so that the dressing coats all of the brussels sprouts and cabbage. Garnish salad and enjoy! Serves 4-6.