- 1 pound potatoes (about 4 medium-sized potatoes), boiled, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 1 bag 8 to 10 ounces baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil , for frying (add more as needed)
- Sour Cream
- Soy Sauce
Combine prepared potatoes and milk in a large mixing bowl; using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add chopped onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
Add spinach and garlic to skillet; season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
Remove from heat and add spinach mixture to the potatoes.
Stir in cheese and lemon juice.
Add egg and panko/bread crumbs; stir until thoroughly combined and smooth.
Shape the mixture into patties.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Working in batches, fry each patty on both sides until golden brown; about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Transfer potato patties to a paper towel–lined plate.
Serve with yogurt, sour cream, soy sauce, etc…