- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more if you like a lot of heat!)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh cilantro, garnish (optional)
- To make quinoa, rinse and soak for about 10 minutes in warm water. Bring 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil in a small saucepan, drain quinoa and add to boiling broth. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off heat and allow quinoa to sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients (minus the cilantro), stirring to combine.
- Cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the bowls, place 1/2 cup quinoa in each bowl and top with a heaping 1/2 cup of the chickpea mixture. Top with a little cilantro and enjoy!