To assemble ahead
- 1.33 bell peppers (sliced)
- 0.17 cup red onion (sliced)
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes (or 19 oz; both work well)
- 10 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed; or 19 oz)
- 4.67 oz can corn kernels (1 cup)
- 1.33 teaspoons chili powder
- 0.67 teaspoon cumin
- 0.67 teaspoon paprika
- 0.67 teaspoon salt
Add fresh when cooking
- 0.67 cup stock
- 1.33 cups small pasta shapes (6.5 oz; see note *)
In a medium pot, combine all ingredients including pasta and stock. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes.
Stir in the lime juice and mozzarella cheese, until evenly distributed and melted.
(Optional) Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.
To assemble ahead:
Combined all ‘assemble ahead’ ingredients in a large meal prep container or in a heavy duty freezer bag.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
If frozen, thaw completely before cooking as directed above. You may need to remove the pot lid during the last 5 minutes of cook time to allow the liquids to reduce.