- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- large head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 Tbsps capers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced or pressed
- fresh lemon slices to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with sea salt, pepper, and chili flakes and rub it on both sides.
- Cook chicken on the skillet for about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, capers, and garlic to the skillet. Stir and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add in broccoli, then nestle in the chicken back to the skillet.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy!