- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste or sundried tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: wooden skewers
- Slice chicken into very thin strips with a very sharp knife. Thread accordian-style onto wooden skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, chipotle chili, and chopped garlic. Spoon sauce over skewers.
- Cook skewers on a hot grill and cook for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, basting with sauce and turning every 2-3 minutes to evenly cook the entire skewer of chicken.
- Alternately, the skewers can be baked in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until fully cooked.