- 2 large boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- One – 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 /4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup baby spinach packed tight
Place the oil in a saute pan on medium to high heat. Add the chicken strips,cook and stir until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the diced onion to the pan, cook until onion is soft.
Add the undrained tomatoes, water and seasonings to the pan, bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, cook and stir until the spinach begins to wilt. Serve over long grain rice that was cooked in chicken broth.