- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1 1/4 pounds
- 3/4 cup Whole30 BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing See Note
- salt to taste
- or about 2 1/2 cups shredded BBQ chicken or pork
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon avocado or refined coconut oil
Quick Dill Pickles:
- Sprig of fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 English cucumber sliced thin
- Pinch yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- OR 1/4 cup sliced cold dill pickles See Note
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white apple cider, or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 14- oz bag shredded coleslaw mix See Note
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Make sweet potatoes: On a baking sheet, toss all ingredients and roast for 20 m. After 20 minutes, stir well, then return to oven. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until browning on edges but not too crunchy or crisp.
Make the pickles: While sweet potatoes roast, combine all pickle ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make BBQ chicken: Next, combine all ingredients in an Instant Pot. Seal and cook at High Pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release when time is up then shred chicken breasts with two forks or use a hand mixer on low speed. Turn on Sauté mode and heat for 5 minutes until chicken is coated in sauce. If you do not have an Instant Pot, see Note for regular shredded chicken or slow cooker directions.
- Make coleslaw: Mix all ingredients besides coleslaw mix in a small bowl. Place coleslaw mix in a medium bowl and pour dressing over. Combine well, using hands if desired.
- Assemble bowls: Divide sweet potatoes, BBQ chicken, and coleslaw evenly among 4 bowls. Top with a couple pickle slices. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.